Cardboard Ideas and Projects For Children

Cardboard the almighty play toy for any child. More popular than the toy that came in the box. I have realized over the years as a teacher to the very young and mother of two creative children that box play gets the children's imagination running. I have always saved the boxes for this reason to make forts, box homes and art projects.




How cool is this card board guitar!!!!!!!!



Now the favorite stuffed animal or doll has a bed of it's own.

How clever to add magazine photos for backdrop and decor. Another idea is to have your child take pictures around your own home and pics of the family and the pets to add inside home. Please check out this blog for even more ideas on crafting with cardboard for the kids

http://www.rubancassette.com/sauvages/2014/07/des-bo%C3%AEtes-et-des-bricoles.html



Love these puppets and animal creations. The sculpture I have tried with my preschoolers. I personally cut out long oval pieces with niches cut into them like puzzle pieces. I did this for my young preschool children  to decorate with color, drawings and collage. Older children I would have them cut their own shape out. We then added them all together to make a free standing sculpture. Just wish I had a picture of it now to share.

Please check out all the wonderful diy project here on this blog. There are just too many to talk about. http://diycozyhome.com/cardboard-box-creations/

How super cute are these!.These may be toilet paper rolls, but this feel like they fit into this genre of diy. Can't wait to show my daughter this one. I guess I need to start saving toilet paper rolls.

http://www.pikaland.com/2010/11/18/things-organized-neatly/





Foozball?



Can't forget the forts and houses! Check this blog for all their ideas
http://playtivities.com/cardboard-houses/


Art project using yarn, twine, collage, paint to create letters or other shapes using cardboard.

http://catchmyparty.com/blog/diy-how-to-make-a-yarn-wrapped-ombre-monogrammed-letter

No comments:

Post a Comment



butterfly foot ornament

butterfly foot ornament

heart plaque

heart plaque

Large Heart

Large Heart

Sand dollar

Sand dollar

Mommy and me

Mommy and me

3 siblings

3 siblings

dog bone w/ dog print and photo cut out $30.00 and up

dog bone w/ dog print and photo cut out $30.00  and up
Small dog

two small paws or one big paw

Doggy picture frame ( turqoise)

Doggy picture frame ( turqoise)

pet ornament- $20 - 30 depending on size of dog

pet ornament- $20 - 30 depending on size of dog

personalized frame w/ added lace design $45.00

personalized frame w/ added lace design $45.00

Personalized frame w/ added lacing design

Personalized frame w/ added lacing design