Ceramic dish is approximately 5 .5 inches diameter
Dish washer safe, but I do not recommend use in Microwave
This unique little Kitchen gift, functional food grater is a home chefs kitchen staple. This garlic grater dish will mince garlic, ginger, chocolate, cinnamon and even zest lemons and oranges. Foodie gifts should also reflect your personal style, which is why TheBabyHandprintCo is proud to offer a selection of handcrafted ceramic graters embellished with various catchphrases and kitchen quotes. Grate Garlic
Do you know a foodie couple that would just adore this kitchen grater gift because they are always cooking together. Maybe you are that couple that can't get enough time in the kitchen together. Well then here is the perfect food prep gift to keep you grating and mincing all those wonderful food and spices your dishes need. You will receive plate in first picture.
A lovely and heart warming gift for a family you cherish time with. Let them know how much you appreciate their generosity with this unique kitchen gift. They will be able to use this grater to prep their meals and then use to serve oil, garlic and bread with friends and family around the table.
How my ceramic pieces are created
1. Ceramic clay is rolled and hand built and cut out to size
2. Drying time can vary from 5-10 days. Ceramic clay shrinks as it dries and clay needs to be completely dry before going into the kiln. Any moisture left in the clay will make it explode while firing in the kiln.
3. Cleaning and sanding piece helps clean any rough edges before final bisque fire
4. Bisque Firing lasts 24 hours and all Ceramic pottery pieces need to be put in the kiln for this first firing. This is when the clay is turned into hard stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees and approximately 12 hours to cool.
5. Glaze Painting can be done several different ways - I mainly paint my glazes on
6. Glaze Firing takes 24 hours. The ceramic clay work will go in the kiln for one last firing. Kiln temperature will reach approximately 2200 degrees which turns the glaze into a glass like coating
All images and art are copyright © of Debbie Varas The Baby Handprint Co 2015